[Gluster-users] Possible to use libgfapi with libvirt in CentOS 6.5?

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Sat Mar 29 02:01:43 UTC 2014

On 28.03.2014 12:07, Dave Christianson wrote:
> I've come across individual posts from people who supposedly have done
> this
> in CentOS6.5. Basically, all that is shown in the posts is the XML
> file
> generated, no mention of *how* that file is generated. Virt-manager
> has no
> provision for attaching directly to the gluster volume except as a
> mount.
> Neither virt-manager nor virt-install recognize the gluster:// type.

I have used this functionality with Cloudstack on CentOS 6.5 with stock
KVM, it works.
What you need is:
-drive
file=gluster+tcp://storage.cloudstack.tld:24007/primary/d691ac19-4ec1-47c1-b765-55f804b78bec

Right now you need to fuse-mount the gluster volume to create the
backing file, but you can start the vm using gfapi as above.
See this article from Nield de Vos who authored the native Glusterfs
storage driver for Cloudstack:

http://www.gluster.org/2014/02/setting-up-a-test-environment-for-apache-cloudstack-and-gluster/

HTH
Lucian