[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Bug reporting and triage guidelines

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Mar 20 12:36:10 UTC 2014

On 20/03/2014, at 7:31 AM, Carlos Capriotti wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice to have that page linked to "report a bug" instead of being redirected "pronto" to the Red Hat bugzilla page ?
>
> Also, on the bugilla page, you end up having a text window to enter your findings, and it has a generic template. Would it be possible to, before taking the user to the Red Hat Page, offer a similar window with THIS improved template. Of course it will need a copy and paste.
>
> I for one will update my bug reported, to include as much info as possible, based on this new guideline, rather than just leaving the basic info suggested by RH.

From memory, Bugzilla has some kind of XML-RPC interface as well
as it's Web UI one.  It might be possible to create some kind of
"nicer" bug reporting interface, using XML-RPC calls to do the
submission.

It's not my kind of thing personally, but heck, if someone has
the time and interest to do it then more power to them. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift