[Gluster-users] where can i find technical documents about gluster-FUSE

Carlos Capriotti capriotti.carlos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 21:48:46 UTC 2014

Khoi:

>From the discussions I've seen here, and some documentation on the web, the
gluster client has some issues with small files access.

As a matter of fact, gluster tends to perform a little less well with small
files.

There is a number of things that can be done in order to improve this.

Connecting to the servers using NFS, changing how the NFS mount is mounted
(size of buffers, etc), a few gluster parameters on the volumes, some
network sysctl changes.

Those need to be  tested on your application, and always on a
non-production environment, preferably. But, as I said, there are ways
around it.

Cheers,

Carlos