[Gluster-users] changing IPs on existing gluster servers

Brock Nanson brock at nanson.net
Tue Mar 11 14:33:11 UTC 2014

Carlos,

Not sure how you went about this but I can tell you that I was successful in a simple configuration with two bricks. If I recall correctly, I first made sure that the peer configuration files referenced by machine name instead of IP. Then I changed the IP in each hosts file to suit new scenario. Finally I manually changed the static IP and when it came back up if all just worked.

Very simple test bed configuration though with only one NIC in each machine.

Something to watch for... when I first did my original peer probe, the probed machine used the IP of the querying machine in the config file. The first machine used the name used in the probe command. I changed the IP to a name right at the start to allow the hosts file to determine the actual IP on both ends.

Brock Nanson