[Gluster-users] Gluster EPEL packages not signed

Grant Byers gbyers at indue.com.au
Fri Mar 7 02:25:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

I saw that this issue has been raised before for staging packages, but I'm wanting to bring to the attention of the relevant people/person that the LATEST Gluster stable packages are also not signed. There are no contact details within the package headers (see below), so I can't simply email the package maintainer. In any case, there can be zero trust placed in these packages. There is a GPG key assigned to the repo. Why not use it?

# rpm -qpi /var/www/html/repo/gluster-epel-5-x86_64/glusterfs-fuse-3.4.2-1.e
l5.x86_64.rpm
Name        : glusterfs-fuse               Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 3.4.2                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.el5                         Build Date: Fri 03 Jan 2014 10:39:14
PM EST
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: buildvm-26.phx2.fedorapr
oject.org
Group       : Applications/File             Source RPM: glusterfs-3.4.2-1.el5.sr
c.rpm
Size        : 225484                           License: GPLv2 or LGPLv3+
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS
Summary     : Fuse client