[Gluster-users] gluster permissions problem

Hans Höök hans.hook at altrusoft.se
Wed Mar 5 08:02:55 UTC 2014

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak concluded that gluster fs home shares will
cause adobe Acroread to
crash with error message:

Acroread was unable to create the directory /fileserver/home/mjc/.adobe
in your home directory.
There may be a permission problem with the parent directory.
Acroread was unable to create the directory /fileserver/home/mjc/.adobe
in your home directory.
There may be a permission problem with the parent directory.

I have investigated this a bit and found that Acroread is a 32-bit
appilcation.
If home share is mounted with enable-ino32 Acroread will actually start
*but* just about everything else in the desktop environment will fail...

My only advice is to ditch the Adobe product since it is simply not
needed on
a modern Linux desktop...

Regards

Hans Höök