[Gluster-users] Slef-heal still not finished after 2 days

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 01:58:59 UTC 2014

Oops, I see you are the same user who posted about VM files self-heal.
Sorry I couldn't get back in time. So you are using 3.4.2.
Could you post logfiles of mount, bricks please. That should help us to
find more information about any issues.

gluster volume heal <volname> info heal-failed records the last 1024
failures. It also prints the timestamp of when the failures occurred.
Even after the heal is successful it keeps showing the errors. So
timestamp of when the heal failed is important. Because some of these
commands are causing such confusion we depracated these commands in
upcoming releases (3.6).

This is probably a stupid question but let me ask it anyway. When a
brick contents are erased from backend
we need to make sure about the following two things:
1) Extended attributes of the root brick is showing pending operations
on the brick that is erased
2) Execute "gluster volume heal <volname> full"

Did you do the steps above?

Since you are on 3.4.2 I think best way to check what files are healed
is using extended attributes in the backend. Could you please post them
again.

Pranith