[Gluster-users] Fwd: Samba vfs_glusterfs no such file or directory

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sat Jun 28 10:20:00 UTC 2014

> Samba with vfs_glusterfs has a limit of approx. 93 groups. If 'id
> $USER'
> >  returns more than 93 groups, those users can run into various issues.
> > 'Access is denied' is one of the most common errors they'll see.
> >
> > The upcoming 3.5.1 release has a 'server.manage-gids' volume option.
> > With this option enabled, the number of groups will be limited to 65535.
> >

> Ahh, great. I am very glad, at least, that this is a known issue and that
> it's being addressed.
>

> > > What am I missing here?
> > Very little, I would also suspect that the number of groups that those
> > problematic users belong to is too big.
>

> Well that's a first :).
>
> I will test this against the 3.5.1 release when that is ready. Is the 3.5.1
> version of vfs_glusterfs backwards compatible with glusterfs 3.4, or do I
> need to upgrade the whole cluster to leverage the new vfs_glusterfs?

The 3.5.1 release is backwards compatible with 3.4.x, but in order to
enable the 'server.manage-gids' volume option, all servers and clients
using the volume should get the 3.5.1 update. RPM packages for 3.5.1
have been made available earlier this week. I guess that .deb packages
follow soon.

Cheers,
Niels