[Gluster-users] Advise on recovering from a bad replica please

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 17:32:50 UTC 2014

On 06/26/2014 04:10 AM, John Gardeniers wrote:
> Hi Pranith,
>
> jupiter currently has no gluster processes running.
> jupiter.om.net:/gluster_backup is a geo-replica.
>
> [root at nix ~]# gluster volume info
>
> Volume Name: gluster-backup
> Type: Distribute
> Volume ID: 0905fb11-f95a-4533-ae1c-05be43a8fe1f
> Number of Bricks: 1
> Transport-type: tcp
> Bricks:
> Brick1: jupiter.om.net:/gluster_backup
>
> Volume Name: gluster-rhev
> Type: Replicate
> Volume ID: b210cba9-56d3-4e08-a4d0-2f1fe8a46435
> Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
> Transport-type: tcp
> Bricks:
> Brick1: jupiter.om.net:/gluster_brick_1
> Brick2: nix.om.net:/gluster_brick_1
> Options Reconfigured:
> geo-replication.indexing: on
> nfs.disable: on

I am extremely sorry, I should have asked for this information also
yesterday.
1) What is the version of gluster you are using? In 3.4.x there is this
issue where if operations are happening on VM self-heal wouldn't start,
which is not the case in 3.5 I believe. So it is important. I remembered
it only in the morning.

2) I believe the number of files on the bricks should be very less
considering it is a rhevm setup. Could you please also attach the output of

For each brick
find <brick-path> | xargs getfattr -d -m. -e hex >
file-you-need-to-send-us.txt

This should help us see the xattrs of the files to help you on how to
fix the split-brains where necessary.

Pranith