[Gluster-users] Upgrade sequence

Mr. John J. Hoffman jhoffman at afrl.hpc.mil
Thu Jun 26 12:29:23 UTC 2014

Ryan,

Are you upgrading from 3.{2,3,4}.# to 3.5.1? Or 3.5.0 to 3.5.1?

If you're upgrading from a non-3.5 release to 3.5.1, read this:
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Upgrade_to_3.5

If you're going to 3.5.0 to 3.5.1, upgrading the client first, then the
bricks should be fine if the time delay is short. Its pretty easy to
roll back a client as well; if it doesn't work.

John

On 06/25/14 14:03, Ryan Nix wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Now that 3.5.1 has been released, is there a recommended upgrade
> sequence to Gluster?  Should I upgrade a client first, then the Gluster
> bricks themselves and finally reboot them in that order?  Is it bad to
> mix and match versions?
>
> Just curious!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan

John J. Hoffman, CISSP
Computer Engineer, AFRL/RCMI
AFRL DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC)
Air Force Research Laboratory
2435 Fifth Street
Area B, Bldg 676, Rm 205
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7802
john.hoffman at wpafb.af.mil
jhoffman at afrl.hpc.mil
(937) 904-5129

Caution: This message may contain competitive, sensitive or other
non-public information not intended for disclosure outside official
government channels. Do not disseminate this message without the
approval of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for
Acquisition. If you received this message in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.