[Gluster-users] Glustrefs Peer Replication.

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 06:55:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:16:56AM +0530, swaroop kumar wrote:
> I just wanted to avoid clients.
>
> I have 3 drupal servers and i would like to have setup without client. Like
> every drupal server will have gluster volume created for static files and
> peers suppose to exchange updates.

When you read/write contents from the volume, you should do so through
a glusterfs-fuse mountpoint. Not directly on the bricks where none of
the Gluster processes can notice the reads/writes.

The distribute and/or replicate functionality is handled in the
GlusterFS client code, this mostly is the glusterfs-fuse mountpoint on
the storage servers.

You do not need to setup a client system to use Gluster, but you need to
use the client software components.

HTH,
Niels