[Gluster-users] Glusterfs Help needed

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 13:31:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 04:45:30PM +0530, Chandrahasa S wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am building Glusterfs on shared storage.
>
> I got Disk array with 2 SAS controller, one controller connected to node A
> and other Node B.
>
> Can I create Glusterfs between these two node ( A & B) without
> replication, but data should be read / write on both node ( for better
> performance). In case of node A fail data should be accessed from node B.

This does not sound like a use-case for GlusterFS. Gluster uses a local
filesystem (like XFS) as backing storage, and that filesystem can only
be mounted on one node (A or B) at the same time.

If you need a filesystem that can be mounted at two nodes (A and B) at
the same time, you need to look at filesystems like GFS2.

HTH,
Niels