[Gluster-users] 3.5.0 distributed geo-replication & replica failure

Doug Wilson dwilson at customink.com
Fri Jun 20 20:54:25 UTC 2014

Figured out my issue. Posting here just in case it's helpful to someone
else some day.

This was because passwordless ssh for the passive slave really wasn't setup
properly.

An invalid command restriction entry got put into the common_secret.pem.pub
file. Once I fixed that and copied it's contents to
/root/.ssh/authorized_keys on the slave it began working, and the geo-rep
satus showed it as "Passive."

The first line of bad authorized_key entry looked something like:
command="/usr/libexec/glusterfs/gsyncd"
 command="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glusterfs/gsyncd" ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC

Changing it to
command="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glusterfs/gsyncd" ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC

, after confirming that was the path to gsyncd on the slave, fixed the
 issue.

Thanks,

Doug