[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.5 problems with libgfapi/qemu

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 11:08:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 09:56:46AM +0200, Ivano Talamo wrote:
> I had done it only on one of the two :(
> But even after I've done it on the other server and I've restarted
> the gluster daemon I see no change

Can you confirm that the issue is still occurring after you stopped and
restarted the volume? A restart of the volume is needed to activate the
server.allow-insecure volume option. When that option is not active, the
glusterfs-client (libgfapi) will not be able to connect to the bricks.
The bricks will detect that the client uses a port > 1024 an does not
allow access.

With a stop and start of the volume, the .vol files that are used by the
brick processes get regenerated. With this regeneration, the
server.allow-insecure option gets activated correctly. You only have to
execute these commands on one storage server:

  # gluster volume stop <volname>
  # gluster volume start <volname>

This is one of the most common issues when using libgfapi. If this
indeed was not done in your environment, we may need to explain it
better, or make it more obvious in the documentation.

Niels