[Gluster-users] Gluster-3.5.0 Refusing to connect over ipv6

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 08:06:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 09:26:12AM +0200, Sjon Hortensius wrote:
> That is a very definite and clear statement, thanks! When searching for
> gluster + ipv6; I found multiple people saying they have this working; or
> it should just work (from as far back as 2011). I assumed the same code
> should be in 3.5 and still be functional; but my assumption was incorrect.

There are some bugs filed that sound like the problem you are seeing:

Bug 910836 - peer probe over ipv6 on ipv4/ipv6 network fails.
Bug 922801 - Gluster not resolving hosts with IPv6 only lookups
Bug 1070685 - glusterfs ipv6 functionality not working

If you have additional information on issue, it'll be appreciated if you
can add that. In case you have also noticed a different problem, please
create a new bug for it.

Some issues look relatively easy to solve. If that is indeed the case,
don't hesitate to send patches. Of course, you're also welcome to send
patches for complex bugs ;-)

Thanks,
Niels