[Gluster-users] RHEL 5.8 mount fails "cannot open /dev/fuse"

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 07:57:53 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 03:02:22PM -0400, Gene Liverman wrote:
> Running the script did indeed fix things, thanks! Personally, I count this
> as a bug since it is not required on later versions of RHEL... maybe the
> installer should check that the fuse module is loaded and load it if it's
> not found. Just a thought.

Could you file a bug for this, and add a reference to this thread on
a mailinglist archive?

- https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS&component=build

We can add a check in the rpm installation scripts for EL5 and load the
fuse module if it is available (it may not be available during initial
installation through anaconda).

Thanks,
Niels