[Gluster-users] What Gluster version should I pick for my deployment?

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Jul 30 18:08:41 UTC 2014

On 30/07/2014, at 6:06 PM, Juan José Pavlik Salles wrote:
> Thanks Justin, it really helps! I should set this up in about a month or two. It's more or less what I was thinking, 3.3 is quiet old already, so I should choose between 3.4.5 and 3.5.1. What would be a great reason not to pick 3.5.1 (besides the bugs will arise eventually)? Is there any functional difference between them? Regarding to the hardware I picked, have you ever worked with this kind of hardware with gluster?

I'm not the right guy for answering hardware questions for production
Gluster, so other people would have to chime in there. ;)

For choosing between 3.4 and 3.5, it depends on the features you
need (eg are some only in 3.5?).  3.4 will be deprecated sooner than
3.5, but that shouldn't be a real blocker.  You'll be able to upgrade
from 3.4 to 3.5 whenever that happens, and it _should_ be pretty
smooth.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift