[Gluster-users] 回复: GlusterFS use question

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon Jul 28 05:20:41 UTC 2014

On 07/27/2014 07:47 PM, yan wrote:
> hi,*david.zhang700*‍
> now configure
> gluster volume set gfs network.ping-timeout 1
Bad idea. Now even a one second delay will cause a disconnect. Under
load, it's entirely possible to have a 1 second delay reconnecting due
to open fds, locks, etc. That delay will cause the client to drop the
connection. Then it will reconnect, have the same delay, and drop the
connection.

Why is 42 seconds too long? Is your network so bad that you lose
connection so often that a more stable cluster is a bad thing?

>> client  reconnect ‍shorten the time‍
> but ,have a question
> client down,start client ,data Not immediately synchronization‍
> how configure immediately synchronization?‍

That just seems impractical with regard to cpu and network usage. I
would much rather have my servers servicing client requests than
spending all their time spinning to see if an absent server has returned.

It seems that it checks every 3 seconds now to see if it's returned.
That goes back to my previous statement. If your network is so unstable
that 3 seconds to start self-heal is excessive, perhaps you might look
at a more stable network.

That said, feel free to open an enhancement request on bugzilla to allow
the user to tune the reconnect interval.