[Gluster-users] Gluster vs NFS export sync

Santosh Pradhan spradhan at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 08:52:19 UTC 2014

On 07/11/2014 06:10 AM, Franco Broi wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any way to make Gluster emulate the behaviour of a NFS
> filesystem exported with the sync option? By that I mean is it possible
> to write a file from one client and guarantee that the data will be
> instantly available on close to all other clients?

I think FUSE also supports the sync option with mount similar to NFS.

Man page snippet for fuse(8):
OPTIONS
        Most of the generic mount options described in mount are
supported (ro, rw, suid, nosuid, dev,
        nodev, exec, noexec, atime, noatime, sync, async, dirsync).
Filesystems are mounted  with
        nodev,nosuid by default, which can only be overridden by a
privileged user.

Thanks,
Santosh