[Gluster-users] Gluster vs NFS export sync

Franco Broi franco.broi at iongeo.com
Fri Jul 11 06:19:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 11:23 +0530, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
> On Friday 11 July 2014 10:04 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> > Niels may know. CCed him.
> >

> Can you try this option and see if it works?
>
> gluster volume set <volname> nfs.trusted-sync on
>
> By default this option is off.

I was hoping that it could be done via the fuse client but only
selectively - don't want to slow down the entire system.

I can change the program to call fsync, but this still doesn't ensure
that the other clients will see all the data unless there's some magic
that can be done when the file is opened??