[Gluster-users] Gluster.org site relaunch

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 08:59:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 10:56:23PM -0400, Eco Willson wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Just a quick note to let everyone know that we switched over to the
> new Gluster.org site earlier this evening, please feel free to take
> a look for yourselves at www.gluster.org.  In addition to the updated
> graphics and layout, we are now using the Middleman site generator to
> allow the site to be statically generated.  Some of the new changes
> you will notice are a spotlight section on the front page.  New
> navigation is in place as well.  The look and layout have also
> changed.  We are still maintaining a legacy version of the site so any
> old bookmarks you have should work just fine.
>
> Your feedback is welcome and appreciated, let us know of any issues
> you find.  I will write a more detailed blog post that includes some
> of the changes and how end users can update the documentation portion
> of the site.

Looks very nice, well done!

At least some of the current documentation pages seem to be a scrape
from the wiki [1]. Quite some pages in the wiki are updated on regular
basis, and this causes some of the new documentation pages be
out-of-date already. Posting the procedures to trigger a re-sync of the
contents from the wiki would be most welcome. (Or, of course, any other
plans to replace the wiki, new skin, ...)

Thanks,
Niels

[1] http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/