[Gluster-users] change IP address of working gluster cluster

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Thu Jul 10 08:51:13 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-10 10:11, Attila Heidrich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have seen, that someone else is having tha same problem, but he received
> no answer at all.
> http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2014-March/039421.html
>
> We have got the same problem. There are two NICs in all boxes, 1G and 10G,
> and we started just the 1G, but now would like to use the other.
>
> IP addresses/networks are different (of course) and there are running
> services in the cluster.
>
> Is there a way to work out this easily?
>
> I'm pretty sure I can add new nodes on the new network and later remove the
> old ones, but it would be nicer to have some way for changing connect data
> of the same nodes.
If you want clients to use the 1G links, and servers to talk via the 10G links,
'ip route add <dest> src <1G address> dev <10G interface>' on all server might help.

/Anders

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden