[Gluster-users] Gluster high RPC calls and reply

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 09:19:56 UTC 2014

On 07/06/2014 06:58 PM, Gurdeep Singh (Guru) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have setup gluster in replicate type and its working fine.
>
> I am seeing a constant chatting between the hosts for lookup call and
> lookup reply. I am trying to understand as to why this traffic is
> being initiated constantly. Please look at the attached image. This
> traffic is using around 200KB/s of constant bandwidth and is
> exhausting our allocated monthly bandwidth on our 2 VPS.
Self-heal-daemon tries to check if there is anything that needs healing
every 10 minutes. Those RPCs are lookups. Could you check from the
tcpdump if it is generating from self-heal-daemon? Which version of
gluster are you using? I think there is a way to increase this 'time' in
latest versions.

Pranith