[Gluster-users] Gluster high RPC calls and reply

Gurdeep Singh (Guru) guru at bazaari.com.au
Sun Jul 6 13:28:51 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have setup gluster in replicate type and its working fine.

I am seeing a constant chatting between the hosts for lookup call and lookup reply. I am trying to understand as to why this traffic is being initiated constantly. Please look at the attached image. This traffic is using around 200KB/s of constant bandwidth and is exhausting our allocated monthly bandwidth on our 2 VPS.

The configuration I have for Gluster is:

[guru at srv1 ~]$ sudo gluster volume info
[sudo] password for guru:

Volume Name: gv0
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: dc8dc3f2-f5bd-4047-9101-acad04695442
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: srv1:/root/gluster-vol0
Brick2: srv2:/root/gluster-vol0
Options Reconfigured:
cluster.lookup-unhashed: on
performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 60
performance.cache-size: 1GB
storage.health-check-interval: 30

Please suggest how to fine tune the RPC calls/reply.

Thanks,
Gurdeep.