[Gluster-users] Slow NFS performance with Replication

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 19:26:41 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

For sequential single threaded writes over NFS on my 10G setup I get:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=./test.txt bs=1024k count=1000 conv=sync
1000+0 records in
1000+0 records out
1048576000 bytes (1.0 GB) copied, 2.32838 s, 450 MB/s

For glusterfs mounts I get ~600 MB / sec.  With replication you cut your bandwidth in half as write to each brick.  Try following the recommendations in:

http://rhsummit.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/england-rhs-performance.pdf

That should get you closer to 450.