[Gluster-users] Problem with self-heal

Miloš Kozák milos.kozak at lejmr.com
Tue Jul 1 20:58:55 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am running some test on top of v3.5.1 in my 2 nodes configuration with
one disk each and replica 2 mode.

I have two servers connected by a cable. Through this cable I let
glusterd communicate. I start dd to create a relatively large file. In
the middle of writing process I disconnect the cable, so on one server
(node1) I can see all data and on the other one (node2) I can see just a
split of the file when writing is finished.. no surprise so far.

Then I put the cable back. After a while peers are discovered,
self-healing daemons start to communicate, so I can see:

gluster volume heal vg0 info
Brick node1:/dist1/brick/fs/
/node-middle - Possibly undergoing heal
Number of entries: 1

Brick node2:/dist1/brick/fs/
/node-middle - Possibly undergoing heal
Number of entries: 1

But on the network there are no data moving, which I verify by df..

Any help? In my opinion after a while I should get my nodes
synchronized, but after 20minuts of waiting still nothing (the file was
2G big)

Thanks Milos