[Gluster-users] Funny connection issues

Mark Morlino mark at gina.alaska.edu
Fri Jan 31 20:06:25 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, I don't know of a good place to point you for documentation.

Is your /var partition filling up? Or is your / partition filling up if
/var is not separate?

glusterfs keeps files under /var/lib/glusterfs and I have had problems in
the past where /var/log/glusterfs will fill up /var and then some files
under /var/lib/glusterfs would be missing or empty and cause glusterfsd not
to start. Unfortunately, I don't think it has ever been exactly the same
thing twice but I have been able to reconstruct the missing/empty files
using from the other gluster servers and get gluster to start.

I'm certainly no expert... I just seemed to recall seeing the no-privileged
port issue come up before and solving it with the volume setting.