[Gluster-users] Problem creating/editing files with samba gluster vfs module..

B.K.Raghuram bkrram at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 06:46:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

We have built samba 4.1 from source with the gluster vfs module
enabled. I am able to access (read) and browse a volume from a windows
machine. However, when I try to create or edit a file that resides on
the volume from a windows box, it hangs forever. On the backend, I see
that many temporary files are being created. I suspect that the
windows box is trying to create the file but is not getting a
confirmation of it having been created and so it tries to create one
again. However, I do not have any problems with creating directories.
We are using gluster 3.4.1.

Any ideas on what may be the issue?

Thanks,
-Ram