[Gluster-users] Antw: Re: MS Office/Samba/Glusterfs/Centos

Adrian Valeanu Adrian.Valeanu at idiada.com
Thu Jan 23 15:31:04 UTC 2014

Hi,
I try to replicate some data that resides on two CentOS servers. The replicated data should be shared using Samba to the users. It should be avoided that two users
try to work on the same file using MS Office. If the users access the same file on one server, one of them is not able to modify the file. This is possible (and the normal operation)
if one uses one server with Samba. I assumed that this kind of lock would be replicated too.

I did not knew about  libgfapi and have not used it yesterday. I used the fuse mounted directory as data source for Samba.

Yesterday night I updated both CentOS servers. They are CentOS 6.5 now. Now locking does not happen at all any more. After you mentioned libgfapi I found this:
https://www.mail-archive.com/gluster-users@gluster.org/msg13033.html

I managed to compile the module and switched to samba-glusterfs-vfs. But I still have no locking
My Samba configuration looks like this:
[glusterdata-vfs]
   vfs object = glusterfs
   glusterfs:volume = gv0
   path = /
   glusterfs:loglevel = 2
   glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterdata-vfs.log

   read only = no
   browseable = yes
   guest ok = no
   printable = no