[Gluster-users] Hi. I have a question. plz

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 14:44:15 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 01:19 PM, Bee On wrote:
> hi. now i'm started the glusterFS 3.4.2.
> I Created Striped Replicated volumes using
> Gluster_File_System-3.3.0-Administration_Guide-en-US.pdf.
>
> Same way  : gluster volume create test-volume stripe 2 replica 2
> node1:/.. node2:/.. 3.. 4..
> ?? ??? 2
> ?? ??? 3
>
> so, It's good work!
>
> and then, I tried add-brick the two server like this (total 6 servers)
> #gluster volume add-brick vol_sr stripe 3 replica 2 node5:/data/brick5
> node6:/data/brick6

Couple of observations:

  * When expanding distributed replicated and distributed striped
    volumes, you need to add a number of bricks that is a multiple of
    the replica or stripe count. For your add brick command you are not
    providing enough bricks to expand the volume. So it will fail.
  * When you use "stripe 3 replica 2" in the add-brick command to expand
    an existing volume of "stripe 2 replica 2" , the volume type is
    going to change from stripe 2 to 3.
  * If you keep "stripe 2 replica 2" in the add-brick command , you need
    to provide 4 bricks.

Refer the admin guide [1] to know about add-brick etc.

[1]
http://www.gluster.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Gluster_File_System-3.3.0-Administration_Guide-en-US.pdf

Thanks,
Lala