[Gluster-users] Mounting soft-linked paths over nfs

Anirban Ghoshal chalcogen_eg_oxygen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 08:30:00 UTC 2014

Dear gluster users,

I am facing a tiny bit of issue with the glusterfs nfs server. If I export a volume testvol, and within testvol, I have a path, say, dir1/dir2. If dir1 and dir2 are actual directories, then one can simply mount testvol/dir1/dir2 over nfs. However, if either of dir1 or dir2 is a soft-link, then mount.nfs returns -EINVAL.

Would you say that this is normal behavior with this nfs server? Also, I am using the 3.4.0 release. Would it help if I upgrade?

Thanks a lot,
Anirban