[Gluster-users] GlusterFS share authentication?

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 00:19:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Dan Mons <dmons at cuttingedge.com.au> wrote:
> In this case, we rely on system permissions to do what we need.  We
> set up centralised user definitions (via LDAP/Kerberos, or tools like
> Puppet/Chef/etc) that have consistent UIDs and GIDs on all machines,
> and we ensure that permissions on the file systems are appropriate.
> This is a common design in large, multi-user Linux/UNIX setups, and we
> generally avoid needing to authenticate on each access to network
> storage courtesy of sensible permissions.

FWIW, I have an example of one way to integrate GlusterFS, NFS and
FreeIPA with my puppet-nfs, puppet-ipa and puppet-gluster modules.

https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/blob/master/examples/gluster-nfs-ipa-example.pp

Sounds like you've already got this type of thing going, but in case
you're looking for something, or want to see a different design, have
a look.

Cheers,
James