[Gluster-users] repair a brick which had filesystem wiped

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 09:17:34 UTC 2014

On 01/19/2014 12:13 PM, William Kwan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gluster 3.4.2 on CentOS 6.5
>
> I have a volume with 2 replica on two systems.  The filesystem where a
> brick was created on system 2 was corrupted.  Hardware issue was
> resolved.  The filesystem is recreated and mounted at the same mount
> point.   But I can't get the volume replicated.  I'm missing some steps?
>
> # gluster volume status kvm1
> Status of volume: kvm1
> Gluster process                        Port    Online    Pid
> Brick uathost1:/data/glusterfs/kvm1/brick1/brick    49152    Y    22548
> Brick uathost2:/data/glusterfs/kvm1/brick1/brick    N/A    N    N/A

This means that the glusterfsd process for this brick is offline. Can
you please check the log files of this brick to determine why it failed?
It could be related to missing extended attribute
"trusted.glusterfs.volume-id" on the brick directory.  If that is the
case you can copy the same extended attribute from the other brick
directory.

Once both bricks are online, self-heal would kick in to rebuild data on
the replaced brick.

-Vijay