[Gluster-users] centos-gluster variant/spin, a potential?

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Wed Jan 8 20:12:17 UTC 2014

> Probably by the end of today or so I'll be releasing the long
> requested "Automatic GlusterFS deployments". I'd recommend against
> offering up static iso's, since this solution is a lot nicer, and a
> lot less bandwidth heavy for downloads. You can set how many hosts to
> build, and so on, all from one base image and my scripts. If you
> really want iso's, you can use this system to save them and put them
> up for download.

I don't know if i can agree - your work is completely okay to co-exist
with an ISO.  But  there is a problem here with version numbers for
GlusterFS.

GlusterFS in community versions are 3.4.x (i.e there are releases
based on minor version changes) as we did

3.4.0, 3.4.1, 3.4.2 releases ... and so on.

Red Hat Storage Server version is based on point releases ie. pick a
release/standardize and then back port patches.

3.4.0.33, 3.4.0.44 .. releases and so on.

If some one spins for CentOS i am not sure how this is easy to handle
- should they pick up 3.4.x from Community releases or the source RPMS
released with every errata for Red Hat Storage?

--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes