[Gluster-users] Three nodes cluster with 2 replicas

BGM bernhard.glomm at ecologic.eu
Thu Jan 2 20:35:23 UTC 2014

It's logical impossible what you ask for!
on a raid5, if two (you said two) fails ALL data IS lost.
think harder!
As Justin supossed, go for securing your bricks with (soft)raid (or maybe raidz)
and extend the space by striping it onto several server.
In a disaster,
a hard disk, and 10hours later a second one, fails,
while you are sick and out of office,
and your apprentice has to handle it.
out the bad HD, in the good one.
cross fingers (that is, that the new HDs are good)
and rock on.
Simple solutions for complex problems!
I don't argue that it is not totally impossible to build, with gluster, what you are
asking for, but to my taste it wouldn't b "nice nd easy" (i.e. rocksolid)
Bernhard