[Gluster-users] NFS write speed 'ramps' up

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Mon Feb 24 23:32:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm doing some testing, and seeing strange results for NFS writing.

I have a bonded (round robin) 2x1GigE link between my client and my server.

When I do 'dd if-/dev/zero of=ddfile bs=8k count=2000000', the writes
start out slow, using only 12% of each interface.  Then over time (the
time varies) it ramps up to use about 88% of each interface.

Is there something in Linux, Gluster, or ??? that slows down initial writes?

Gerald

ps: on a side note, NFS reads are REALLY slow... roughly 43 MB/s of the
bonded link, which is about 12% of each interface.

--
Gerald Brandt
Majentis Technologies
gbr at majentis.com