[Gluster-users] Shuffling data to modify brick FS
asmith at umdgrb.umd.edu
Sat Feb 22 14:52:33 UTC 2014
I have a system with 4 bricks, each on an independent server.
I have found, unhappily, that I didn’t configure my bricks with
enough metadata space. I can only increase the size of the metadata
by rebuilding the filesystem. So,
I wish to
1) Move all the data off of a brick,
2) Rebuild the FS on that brick
3) Add it back
4) Repeat for other 3 bricks.
My problem is that the only option to move data off of a brick
seems to involve moving the data to a single target drive.
Since my drives are about 60% full, none of the other drives
can accommodate the entire data set of the removed drive.
So, what I want to do is something like:
1) Rebalance my 4-brick system onto 3 bricks
2) Rebuild FS on retired brick
3) Add back refreshed brick and migrate
4) Repeat for other bricks.
I can’t figure out how to do this from the docs, which seem
to only include the case where a brick is replaced.
More information about the Gluster-users