[Gluster-users] nfs

Paul Cuzner pcuzner at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 02:54:13 UTC 2014

Hi John,

I think on gluster 3.3 and 3.4, nfs is enabled by default.

nfs is actually a translator, so it's in the 'stack' already - this is why you don't need the nfs-kernel-server package.

When mounting from a client, you just need to ensure the mount options are right
i.e. use the following -o proto=tcp,vers=3 (for linux)

The other consideration is that by default the volume will expose 64bit inodes - if you have a 32bit apps, or OS you'll need to tweak the gluster volume with "vol set <vol> nfs.enable-ino32 on"

I haven't got a 3.3 system handy, but on a 3.4 system if you run the following
gluster vol set help | grep "^Option: nfs."

you'll get a view of all the nfs tweaks that can be made with the translator.

Cheers,

Paul C