[Gluster-users] Same server different networks and different bricks

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 17:00:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Elías David
<elias.moreno.tec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all, I would like to do something but I'm not sure if it's possible, I
> have 5 servers each with 6 ethernet ports, 4 ports working on say
> 192.168.100.0/24 and 2 ports working on subnet 10.10.10.0/24.
>
> Each server has 6 disks and what I would like to do is to have a gluster
> vol, say GVol0 using to disks from each server and available to
> 192.168.100.0/24 and another vol, say GVol1 with another 2 disks from each
> servers but available to subnet 10.10.10.0/24 only.
>
> I tried but I was unable to do this, is like gluster said "you already have
> a vol on the 192.168... network and the 10.10... network points to the same
> servers already peered in 192.168... network"
>
> Is my setup possible? Please if I'm not being clear let me know.

If I understand correctly, all you need is the:

auth.allow

volume property.

You should use that to control access, and as for the servers, build
it all on the same network.

Alternatively, set up two separate Gluster pools that don't peer with
each other.

Here's an auth.reject example (similar syntax to auth.allow) with
Puppet-Gluster, for example:
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/blob/master/examples/distributed-replicate-example.pp#L140

HTH,
James