[Gluster-users] Gluster not recognizing available space

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 19:18:06 UTC 2014

> Where do I find these trusted.gluster.fs.dht files?
> (or if they aren't files, how do I find the information
> you're reqesting?)

These are extended attributes, not files, so you can get them
like this:

   getfattr -d -e hex -m . $file_or_dir

> If it is glusterfsd starting before the local filesystems
> are mounted, would a service glusterd restart have
> reset this?

I don't think so.  A restart is just a stop followed by a
start.  IIRC, stopping glusterd doesn't automatically stop
the glusterfsd (brick) processes as well, and when glusterd
starts it will only start any glusterfsd that's "missing".
If you had explicitly killed the glusterfsd processes, then
"gluster volume start xxx force" or restarting glusterd
would start them.