[Gluster-users] Possible to put some sort of qos/rate-limit on glusterfsd?

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Tue Feb 4 02:56:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM, James <purpleidea at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Andrew Lau <andrew at andrewklau.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Here's a quick write up I put together, it's very rough and may not be
> for
> > everyone but I hope this helps some people:
> >
> http://www.andrewklau.com/controlling-glusterfsd-cpu-outbreaks-with-cgroups/
>
> Sweet... Thanks for the nod. Glad it worked out for you. I think this
> is only going to get cleaner with systemd/cgroups integration. I think
> systemd is going to be in RHEL7, but I have no idea :P

Yeah - systemd is in Fedora 19 which is base for RHEL7. Even then, after
getting a proper grasp of cgroups the sysconfig method felt very easy.

> > Please leave your comments and feedback.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andrew.
> If anyone feels strongly about getting cgroups integration into
> puppet-gluster, let me know.

If you do, I'd love to hear about how the implementation goes and whether
you've had any better result with different cgroup settings. I only have a
very moderate understanding of how the gluster design works so I'm not 100%
cgroup solution may apply to all case scenarios.