[Gluster-users] New architecture: some advice needed

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:51:21 UTC 2014

Hi to all.
I'm planning a new architecture to be used in production (after a
short test period)

Actually I have 3 supermicro servers with 12 4TB SATA disks each and 2
SSD (in each server)
Each server also has one dual port DDR Infiniband card.

I would like to create a scale-out storage infrastructure (primary
used by web servers), totally HA and fault tollerant.
I was thinking about 1 brick for each SATA disks in Distributed
Dispersed mode. Replica set to 3 (so, actually, only 12*4TB=48TB would
be available)

What do you suggest? Is Distributed Dispersed good for my environment
or should I go with Distributed Replicated ?

In replicated mode, I can always access to raw files , in case of
disaster, this would not be possible with dispersed mode, right?

Which are pro and cons between replicated and dispersed modes?

We plan to add up to 10 servers (all with 12*4 SATA disks) in the near
future ending to 336TB of available and replicated space.

Any suggestions?