[Gluster-users] Gluster mount problem

Mitja Mihelič mitja.mihelic at arnes.si
Wed Dec 10 15:57:17 UTC 2014

Hi!

I am having trouble mounting a Gluster volume. After issuing the mount
command nothing happens. It is the same for CentOS6 and CentOS7 clients.
Both are updated to the latest package versions. I am using the official
Gluster repository in both clients:
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/CentOS/glusterfs-epel.repo
CentOS6 packages installed:
glusterfs-3.6.1-1.el6.x86_64
glusterfs-api-3.6.1-1.el6.x86_64
glusterfs-fuse-3.6.1-1.el6.x86_64
glusterfs-libs-3.6.1-1.el6.x86_64

CentOS7 packages installed:
glusterfs-3.6.1-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-api-3.6.1-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-fuse-3.6.1-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-libs-3.6.1-1.el7.x86_64

I monitored traffic on the Gluster node and on the client node and there
was no communication between them. Telnet to the Cluster node works
fine. Both machines are in the same network and their firewalls and
SELinux are turned off.

I looked into it with strace, and here are the results.
For CentOS6: http://pastebin.com/vcqTh2Hi
For CentOS7: http://pastebin.com/s7MuTbXb

What could be the problem?

Kind regards,
Mitja

Mitja Mihelič
ARNES, Tehnološki park 18, p.p. 7, SI-1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
tel: +386 1 479 8877, fax: +386 1 479 88 78