[Gluster-users] Minutes and summary of todays weekly Gluster Community meeting

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 13:11:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 12:09:49PM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In about one hour we will have the regular weekly Gluster Community
> meeting.
>
> Meeting details:
> - location: #gluster-meeting on Freenode IRC
> - date: every Wednesday
> - time: 12:00 UTC, 13:00 CET (in your terminal, run: date -d "12:00 UTC")
> - agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings
>
> Currently the following items are listed:
> * Roll Call
> * Status of last weeks action items
> * GlusterFS 3.6
> * GlusterFS 3.5
> * GlusterFS 3.4
> * GlusterFS Next
> * Open Floor
>
> The last topic has space for additions. If you have a suitable topic to
> discuss, please add it to the agenda.

Meeting ended Wed Dec 10 13:00:42 2014 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2014-12-10/gluster-meeting.2014-12-10-12.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2014-12-10/gluster-meeting.2014-12-10-12.00.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2014-12-10/gluster-meeting.2014-12-10-12.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (ndevos, 12:00:43)

* Last week action items  (ndevos, 12:03:32)

* davemc to run a "what should it say?" through users ML  (ndevos,
  12:03:51)
  * HELP: Need to find out what the "what should it say?" action item is
    about  (ndevos, 12:05:29)

* Announcement about GlusterFS releases and its EOL  (ndevos, 12:05:36)
  * HELP: Need a volunteer to document the EOL process/versions in a
    blogpost and email  (ndevos, 12:08:56)

* hagarth to update maintainers file  (ndevos, 12:09:15)
  * ACTION: hchiramm sends a patch that adds the new
    maintainers/components to the MAINTAINERS file  (ndevos, 12:14:20)
  * ACTION: hagarth needs to send a cleanup patch for the MAINTAINERS
    file to remove inactive maintainers (add a allumni section?)
    (ndevos, 12:15:06)

* JustinClift to create initial GlusterFS Release Checklist page on the
  wiki  (ndevos, 12:15:46)
  * ACTION: JustinClift to create initial GlusterFS Release Checklist
    page on the wiki  (ndevos, 12:16:48)

* davemc to add pointer to wiki from site  (ndevos, 12:17:35)
  * ACTION: JustinClift fix the "wiki" link on gluster.org to redirect
    to the wiki and not to the blog  (ndevos, 12:19:21)
  * HELP: Need a volunteer to add a link to the blog on the top of
    gluster.org  (ndevos, 12:20:35)
  * ACTION: hchiramm will try to fix the duplicate syndication of posts
    from blog.nixpanic.net  (ndevos, 12:22:26)

* JustinClift to respond to Soumya Deb on gluster-infra about website
  (ndevos, 12:22:51)

* Discuss stability issues and directions  (ndevos, 12:27:20)
  * ACTION: Debloper to write  a blog post about complete revamp
    (hchiramm, 12:28:48)
  * AGREED: we're not aware of stability issues, dropping it from the
    agenda unless someone (re)adds more details  (ndevos, 12:30:53)

* hagarth to set up small file performance meeting  (ndevos, 12:31:06)
  * ACTION: jdarcy schedules a "small file performance" meeting
    (ndevos, 12:31:48)
  * ACTION: davemc to chat semiosis on ubuntu release  (ndevos,
    12:32:01)
  * ACTION: kkeithley and partner will keep an eye on getting debian and
    ubuntu packages updated  (ndevos, 12:37:05)

* follow up on Rackspace regressions  (ndevos, 12:37:23)
  * ACTION: atinmu continues looking into the mgmt_v3 regression test
    issue  (ndevos, 12:40:34)
  * ACTION: atinmu will look for someone that can fix the spurious
    fop-sanity test  (ndevos, 12:41:01)
  * ACTION: atinmu will contact JustinClift to update the regression.sh
    script and capture /var/log/messages too  (ndevos, 12:42:40)

* GlusterFS 3.6  (ndevos, 12:43:05)
  * ACTION: raghu` creates a 3.6.2 beta today (10 december) or tomorrow,
    release follows later this week or early next week  (ndevos,
    12:49:08)

* GlusterFS 3.5  (ndevos, 12:51:00)

* GlusterFS 3.4  (ndevos, 12:52:01)

* GlusterFS.next (is that the correct name?)  (ndevos, 12:53:46)

* Other Agenda Items  (ndevos, 12:56:17)
  * LINK:
    http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/Feature_Smallfile_Perf
    (ndevos, 12:57:29)
  * LINK:
    http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Performance_Testing
    (hchiramm, 12:58:13)
  * ACTION: JustinClift and misc should post an update or plan about
    upgrading Gerrit  (ndevos, 12:59:29)

Meeting ended at 13:00:42 UTC.

Action Items
------------
[...]

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* atinmu
  * atinmu continues looking into the mgmt_v3 regression test issue
  * atinmu will look for someone that can fix the spurious fop-sanity
    test
  * atinmu will contact JustinClift to update the regression.sh script
    and capture /var/log/messages too
* Debloper
  * Debloper to write  a blog post about complete revamp
* hchiramm
  * hchiramm sends a patch that adds the new maintainers/components to
    the MAINTAINERS file
  * hchiramm will try to fix the duplicate syndication of posts from
    blog.nixpanic.net
* kkeithley
  * kkeithley and partner will keep an eye on getting debian and ubuntu
    packages updated
* partner
  * kkeithley and partner will keep an eye on getting debian and ubuntu
    packages updated
* raghu`
  * raghu` creates a 3.6.2 beta today (10 december) or tomorrow, release
    follows later this week or early next week
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * hagarth needs to send a cleanup patch for the MAINTAINERS file to
    remove inactive maintainers (add a allumni section?)
  * JustinClift to create initial GlusterFS Release Checklist page on
    the wiki
  * JustinClift fix the "wiki" link on gluster.org to redirect to the
    wiki and not to the blog
  * jdarcy schedules a "small file performance" meeting
  * davemc to chat semiosis on ubuntu release
  * JustinClift and misc should post an update or plan about upgrading
    Gerrit

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* ndevos (118)