[Gluster-users] accessing snapshot from client

Rajesh Joseph rjoseph at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 17:11:41 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

The syntax is not correct. You should mount the snapshot with the following command:
mount -t glusterfs <hostname>:/snaps/<snapname>/<parent-volname> /mount_point
e.g.

mount -t glusterfs storage1:/snaps/gvol1-snap1/gvol1  /gluster-client/gvol1-snap1

> 2) i also tried using uss ( user servicable snapshots )
> gluster volume set gvol1 features.uss enable
> returned success but i do not see the .snap dirs in my main mount.

.snaps folder is a virtual folder and is not visible in the mount.
User need to explicitly cd into the .snaps folder.

e.g. if you run "ls -a" on /gluster-client/gvol1-snap1 folder you will not
see .snaps folder but you can cd into /gluster-client/gvol1-snap1/.snaps folder.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Rajesh