[Gluster-users] Question about file copy through libgfapi

Giacomo Fazio giacomo.fazio at wcpmediaservices.com
Thu Aug 21 15:35:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am currently using GlusterFS version 3.5 with two bricks. What I
currently do is mounting the whole storage in some Linux clients (RedHat)
through fuse.glusterfs that (I think) uses NFS in the background.
What I would like to do is copying a file from a directory to another one
in the storage in the quickest way. Using a "cp file1 file2" from my RedHat
client is not the best option because the data flows from the storage to my
RedHat client through the network and then back to the storage. I would
like instead to avoid this waste of time and copy the file directly from
the 1st directory to the 2nd one. So, in a nutshell, I would like to have
file1 -> file2  , instead of file1 -> RedHatclient -> file2
Do you think is it possible, for example using libgfapi? Any example to
show me?
Thank you in advance and best regards,

*Giacomo Fazio*
IT Engineer

Tel. +41 91 910 7690
E-mail: giacomo.fazio at wcpmediaservices.com  |  Web: www.wcpmediaservices.com

Europe Office: Via Zurigo 35, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland
USA Office: 7083 Hollywood Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028