[Gluster-users] glusterfs 3.5.2 libgfapi install needs GLIBC_2.14

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 16:19:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 03:42:31PM +0000, Robert Moss wrote:
> Hi Community,
>
> I am installing glusterfs 3.5.2 on a CentOS 6.5 minimal install. There
> are some dependencies that need to be installed and that was going
> well. When I got to the installation of glibfapi0-3.5.0, I get
> a dependency notification that tells me I need GLIBC_2.14. The same
> notification occurs using glibfapi0-3.4.0.

I have no idea what glibfapi0-3.4.0 or glibfapi0-3.5.0 are. If you mean
libgfapi that is used by QEMU, samba+vfs_gluster and others, that should
be provided by the glusterfs-api package.

> The CentOS Fora tells me "Do not replace GLIBC_2.12 with GLIBC_2.14".
> In fact if you look for GLIBC on pkgs.org only CentOS has not moved
> past GLIBC_2.12.

Yeah, upgrading glibc to a new major release is normally not something
you want to do.

> I believe that I can yum install glusterfs 3.5.? and it does not throw
> a GLIBC_2.14 dependency. It is probably a vanishingly unimportant
> issue, but we would like to be able to pxeboot a load of blades and
> install minimal CentOS 6.5 with glusterfs and then configure, bond and
> go.

Packages and a .repo for to drop in /etc/yum.repos.d/ can be found here:
- http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.5/3.5.2/CentOS/

HTH,
Niels