[Gluster-users] glusterfs 3.5.2 libgfapi install needs GLIBC_2.14

Robert Moss Robert.Moss at GlobalGeophysical.com
Thu Aug 7 15:42:31 UTC 2014

Hi Community,

I am installing glusterfs 3.5.2 on a CentOS 6.5 minimal install. There are some dependencies that need to be installed and that was going well. When I got to the installation of glibfapi0-3.5.0, I get a dependency notification that tells me I need GLIBC_2.14. The same notification occurs using glibfapi0-3.4.0.
The CentOS Fora tells me "Do not replace GLIBC_2.12 with GLIBC_2.14". In fact if you look for GLIBC on pkgs.org only CentOS has not moved past GLIBC_2.12.

I believe that I can yum install glusterfs 3.5.? and it does not throw a GLIBC_2.14 dependency. It is probably a vanishingly unimportant issue, but we would like to be able to pxeboot a load of blades and install minimal CentOS 6.5 with glusterfs and then configure, bond and go.

If yum is the answer then we may have to go with that, but if there is a work around for the GLIBC issue that would be nice.

Thank you very much for your help, and for an awesome storage tool.

Best regards,

Rob Moss

[cid:image002.png at 01CFB22C.49C66E40]
Rob Moss   l   HPC Sr. Systems Administrator

Global Geophysical Services, Inc.
13927 S. Gessner Rd. - Missouri City, TX 77489 USA
Mobile: +1.832.235.6290
Fax: +1.713-808-7792
www.globalgeophysical.com<http://www.globalgeophysical.com/>