[Gluster-users] How to see gluster in a picture

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 15:36:20 UTC 2014

Hi guys, yesterday I was trying to get a mental picture of my gluster
volumes and I came to realize it was getting complicated, or I was
too lazy who knows. I googled a bit and couldn't find any good way to
achieve it so I started coding. After a few coffees I did this
http://viviendolared.blogspot.com.ar/2014/08/gluster-graficando-mi-gluster-i.html
(sorry,
spanish is my mother tongue), basically it's a Java program that builds a
dot file from your gluster configuration so you can plot it and get a
pretty good-enough image of your cluster. So far I've only tested it with
Distribute and Distributed-Replicated volumes, if anyone wants to share its
"gluster vol info" output I can plot the output for you and debug the
program a bit more. I plan to release the code soon, but as I am not a
developer perse I've got no idea how or where to do that. Hope you like it,
and please give me all the feedback you want.

Pavlik Salles Juan José
Blog - http://viviendolared.blogspot.com