[Gluster-users] Gluster Best Practices

Bruno MACADRÉ bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Fri Aug 1 07:02:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,

     I'm currently doing a Fileserver between 2 nodes, I use GlusterFS
in replicate mode between them to keep data in sync.

     This fileserver is planned to be used by about 200
users/workstations simultaneously for homes and other shares so my
questions are :

         * What's the best mount type (GlusterFS or NFS) for
performances and/or stability ?
         * I see around the Web a lot of tuning (all and nothing), is
there a tuning concept according to the final use and the hardware of
the servers ?
         * Is there some caveat to avoid ?

     Thanks by advance for any answers
     Regards,
     Bruno.

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Mob : +33 (0)6-74-71-45-64